8 Trends to Get You Psyched for Fall
Each season we are delighted by new takes on old styles, reinventions of classic silhouettes, bolder colors or muted tones. Discovering and shopping the latest trends always gets me pumped for the upcoming season. Although it is hard to part with summer, fall is one of my favorite seasons when it comes to fashion. The cozy sweaters, trim trench coats and gorgeous boots are enough to distract me from the slight change in temperature. With fall fast approaching, here are some of the most wearable trends that will make you eager see the leaves turn red and gold. 1) Plaid: Plaid is back this season, and it’s bolder than ever. Designers like Ralph Lauren, Kate Spade and Alexander Wang have taken to the classic fabric, especially the oversize checks of buffalo plaid.
2) Flared pants: You’d have to be living under a rock not to notice that the 70s are back in a big way. One of the disco decade’s biggest fashion contributions was flared pants, popularly paired with platform sandals or chic wedges.
3) Calf Length boots: Just a bit higher than an ankle boot, this often chunky heeled shoe hits around mid-calf and looks great with culottes and midis.
4) Statement tights: Embellished tights stood out this season on the runways of Naeem Khan, Rodarte, Tommy Hilfiger and more. Sometimes a pair of tights can say it all.
5) The Faux Fur Stole: Add a touch of old Hollywood glamour with this ladylike accessory. For an updated look, choose a vibrant neon hue or try belting it.
6) Capes: The cape was a popular fall staple for many designers this season. Some chose to take it one step further by turning a blazer or even an entire dress into a cape.
7) Statement Sculptural Earrings: It’s not enough to create a statement with your earrings. Make sure they look like a work of art.
8) Patchwork: One of the most popular 70s trends revived this season is patchwork fabric. Look forward to bohemian mashed up florals and mod dresses and skirts in colorblocked geometric shapes.
What are your favorite trends this fall? Any you plan to skip? Tweet us your thoughts at @FemmeandFortune