#30Over30PHL - Lauren Saft
Lauren Saft's debut novel, Those Girls, came out last month. The 32 year old author is inspired by people who don't give a shit and believes mottoes are stupid. Find out more about the outspoken and opinionated Saft in her honest and hilarious answers below.
Name: Lauren Saft
1) What neighborhood in Philadelphia do you call home? South Philly
2) Tell us about what you do professionally: I'm an author/reality TV producer.
3) What makes you happy? My bed, and full days of NOTHING to do.
4) Who inspires you and why? People (and particularly women) who truly don't give a shit. People who do what they want, say what they want, risk everything, forgo public opinion, and live free and fearless.
5) What's your biggest regret and why? Not getting into Harry Potter, because now it's too late, and there are too many books, and I'll never do it, and fear I've missed out on something that would have brought me a lot of joy.
6) What is your life motto? Mottoes are stupid.
7) Name a guilty pleasure: Laziness.
8) On what occasion do you lie? When it benefits me and hurts no one.
9) What's in your purse right now? My wallet, sunglasses, Altoids, pens, tangled jewelry, keys, a sweater, Advil, hand sanitizer, chapstick, and a solid amount of loose dirt and change.
10) What is your greatest extravagance? Momentary blackouts at the DiBruno's cheese counter.
11) Where is your favorite travel destination? The next place! Whenever I get the opportunity to travel, I try to go somewhere I've never been before.
12) How do you take your coffee? Black with Splenda.
13) What is your most treasured possession? My cat, Desi.
14) What is your favorite magazine? Who still reads magazines? My favorite magazine is Reddit.
15) What advice would you give your 20-something self? Spend less money. Drink less, do less drugs, and stop dating assholes who treat you badly.
16) Where can we find you on a Friday night? A bottle of wine deep on the couch watching Netflix/asleep while my boyfriend watches Netflix.
17) What motivates you? Fear of failure.
18) What's something unique that we can find on your desk or around your workspace? Mess?
19) What's the best relationship advice you've ever gotten? Stick your finger in your partner's nose, if it disgusts you, you're probably not in love.
20) What's your favorite thing about Philadelphia right now? Cheap rent!
21) If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? I don't really know much about superheroes, but I'd like to be one who could fly, do things really fast, and look slammin' in a spandex catsuit.
22) Do you have a fashion icon? In my fantasies I dress like Rihanna, in reality, most of my clothes are basically blankets with armholes.
23) If you could go back to one decade in history, which one would it be and why? The 70's. No bras. Cool t-shirts.
24) Where's your favorite place to eat? My couch.
25) How do you stay sane balancing your life and career? Drugs and alcohol, procrastination and avoidance.
26) What's your favorite drink or cocktail? Bulleit bourbon on the rocks.
27) What is your favorite movie? Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit
28) Tell us about an embarrassing moment you recently had: I think I lost the embarrassed gene about 10 years ago. I spill things, I trip, I say the wrong thing constantly. This is an inherent part of who I am, so I've embraced it, and you should too....before helping me up and handing me a napkin.
29) What's your favorite app right now? GrubHub.
30) If you could, what would you say to yourself fives years from now? Can I see your phone hologram app and try your hoverboard?
#30Over30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Melissa Alam of Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala of FaymeProblems. #30Over3PHL is being presented with support from Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia.