#30Over30PHL - Danielle Cohn
Today's #30Over30PHL is Danielle Cohn - a local powerhouse with years of experience in both the startup and corporate world. Learn all about Danielle, her role at Comcast and her advice for networking and maintaining relationships here in Philadelphia!
Name: Danielle Cohn
1) What neighborhood in Philadelphia do you call home? Old City
2) Tell us about what you do professionally: I lead Entrepreneurial Engagement for Comcast. I'm sort of a concierge for startups - connecting them with various teams, resources, partnership and business opportunities.
3) What makes you happy? Great question. Different each day. Yoga, Zumba, outdoor dining, singing karaoke, walking on the waterfront, traveling to cities, helping a friend, meeting an entrepreneur and making an important connection for them, spending time with my nieces, hitting yard sales with my mom, or giving directions to tourists.
4) Who inspires you and why? Random people who follow me on twitter and send nice notes. Entrepreneurs who have an idea, work their tails off, and make it a reality. Motivational speakers who make me want to take action - Richard Branson. Wes Moore. Tony Harris. Kelly Hoey. Working for a company that celebrates entrepreneurship and encourages creativity and exploration.
5) What's your biggest regret and why? I have no regrets. Where I am is where I am supposed to be. But one day I do hope to sing in a band and finish my book.
6) What is your life motto? Pay it forward.
7) Name a guilty pleasure: Chocolate covered pretzels.
8) On what occasion do you lie? My birthday. I'm actually under 30.
9) What's in your purse right now? Tory Burch purse, business cards, two iphones, credit cards, $122, phone charger, SEPTA pass, pen, receipts, lip gloss, bronzer,
10) What is your greatest extravagance? Travel. And the spa.
11) Where is your favorite travel destination? So far it's been Sao Paulo, Brazil, in South America.
12) How do you take your coffee? Skim and raw sugar. Cafe Ole.
13) What is your most treasured possession? A ring my grandmother gave me.
14) What is your favorite magazine? Entrepreneur.
15) What advice would you give your 20-something self? Fail faster.
16) Where can we find you on a Friday night? With friends at Sassafras in Old City or at an outside restaurant.
17) What motivates you? Success stories.
18) What's something unique that we can find on your desk or around your workspace? An Xfinity mini remote thumb drive and PHL swag.
19) What's the best relationship advice you've ever gotten? Every interaction you have is important. This is a small city and a small world.
20) What's your favorite thing about Philadelphia right now? Everything - but absolutely love all of the young people moving into the city and being so active and vocal about what's important to our future.
21) If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? Wonder Woman. I loved her outfit.
22) Do you have a fashion icon? Tory Burch. Simple. Classic. Sleek brand. Statement pieces.
23) If you could go back to one decade in history, which one would it be and why? 80s - for the music and the hair.
24) Where's your favorite place to eat? Le Peg, Buddakan or my Mom's - for her sweet and sour meatballs.
25) How do you stay sane balancing your life and career? Technology tends to start to mesh your life and career, so I do have to often remind myself that my work is not my life. My work involves a lot of travel, so I try to incorporate free time in each city to explore. Regular fun and exercise is key too - I walk 15 blocks to/from work and take that time to gear up or wind down. Yoga, Zumba and Karaoke has kept me balanced (and sort of sane).
26) What's your favorite drink or cocktail? The log splitter.
27) What is your favorite movie? Shawshank Redemption.
28) Tell us about an embarrassing moment you recently had: My heel got stuck in the sidewalk recently and I had to take my shoe off to pull it out.
29) What's your favorite app right now? Have three - Periscope, Twitter and the Xfinity TVGO app so I can take my entertainment anywhere.
30) If you could, what would you say to yourself fives years from now? Appreciate each day and live it as if it is your last.
#30Over30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Melissa Alam of Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala of Fayme Problems. #30Over3PHL is being presented with support from Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia.