#30Under30PHL - Courtney Lapresi
We've got a reality TV star for today's #30Under30PHL! If you've been hiding under a rock, then let us introduce you all to Courtney Lapresi, this season's WINNER of a little show called MasterChef! A Philly sweetheart, we're so proud of Courtney for bringing home the MasterChef title. Learn more about her below and keep an eye out for her cookbook coming out this spring!
1. How old are you? 25
2. What do you do? I am currently working at the brand new La Colombe in Fishtown. I'm really enjoying working in the open kitchen and cooking with a wood burning oven!
3. What neighborhood in Philly do you call home? South Philly
4. What is your favorite thing right now about Philly? That all the leaves are changing! Philly is beautiful year round, but I especially love autumn.
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement thus far? Winning Season 5 of MasterChef and publishing my own cookbook, debuting May 19,2015!! :)
6. If not yourself, who would you like to be? I want to be me! I think I'm doing a pretty great job at it.
7. Your idea of happiness. Spending time with my four siblings and my parents always brings me great joy.
8. Guiltiest pleasure? Definitely staying up late watching tv and eating junk food.
9. Favorite inspirational quote? "In the end it will be alright. If it's not alright, its not quite the end."
10. What do you appreciate the most in your friends? I am thankful that my friends are all honest and genuine.
11. Favorite food in Philly? It's constantly changing.. I just had my first Han Dynasty experience, and now I'm beginning to like spicy food.
12. Favorite drink in Philly? Positano Coast makes an absolutely delicious Limoncello.
13. Favorite song right now? Hmm. Thats a tough one.. I've actually been playing music from my high school iPod lately, so there has been a lot of Feist and Monsters of Folk.
14. A book you plan on reading? Haruki Murakami's new novel, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage- Murakami is one of my favorite authors and his newest book just came out!
15. A book that powerfully impacted your life? The Giver, by Lois Lowry
16. Name one historical figure you would like to have coffee with. Marie Antoinette hands down!!!!
17. How do you like your coffee? I love a foamy cappuccino sprinkled with raw sugar.
18. Your main fault. I have no idea. There's always something I'm working on to become a better version of myself.
19. What is your most prized material possession? I don't know. I feel like people would expect me to say my MasterChef trophy or my Louboutin Collection. I don't really take pride in material possessions anymore, my family is so much more important to me than any 'thing'.
20. What is your greatest fear? Knowing exactly when I'm going to die. I'd like to pretend it will just never happen, and I'll live forever.
21. Where will you be in 30 years? I'd like to be married and have a family of my own.
22. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday? I'm usually working on a Sunday, but if I ever got the chance, I would enjoy spending it sleeping in, and making a really nice breakfast.
23. Best date spot? Rittenhouse Square. There are so many people around that it takes the pressure off. It is also surrounded with some great restaurants in case the date is going well, you can grab a bite to eat too.
24. What does happiness mean to you? Currently, happiness to me is learning all the new recipes and cooking techniques I can. My career is absolutely taking the main stage in my life and I couldn't be more proud of all I have accomplished so far.
25. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram.
26. Describe Philly in a Tweet. The birthplace of America, independence, and Cheesesteaks.
27. Who should everyone follow on Instagram? Not me! I keep my profile private.
28. Pats or Genos? Neither- I like Jim's Steaks on South Street! when my dad comes to visit, he and I are always impressed with the line that wraps around the block.
#30Under30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala.