#30Under30PHL - Tiffanie Stanard
As a 28 year old powerhouse in our beautiful city of Philadelphia, Tiffanie Stanard is paving the way for many other young entrepreneurs. Learn more about this maven in tonight's #30Under30PHL profile. Congrats Tiffanie!
1. How old are you? I am 28, I will be 29 on November 12th (my last year in twenties, woosah lol).
2. What do you do? I am the founder and CEO of Prestige Concepts, LLC (PC) a brand enhancement firm. We specialize in branding and marketing strategies for clients within the technology, non-profit, lifestyle, entertainment, and corporate sectors. My office is located in the Impact Hub in Northern Liberties and I have a second office in San Francisco, California. We have worked with a variety of clients including The Philadelphia Police Department, Live Nation, Uptown Magazine, and Cirque Du Soleil.
Also, I am the Producer of Philly Speaks Radio Show on 100.3 FM, a radio show that informs Philadelphia residents about different topics locally and nationally affecting their everyday lives.
3. What neighborhood in Philly do you call home? I have lived in almost every part of Philly. Now I call Wynnefield home.
4. What is your favorite thing right now about Philly? Philly is becoming a city for Techies and young entrepreneurs. The city has created a good amount of resources for growing companies.
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement thus far? Owning and operating Prestige Concepts for over 5 years. It is very difficult to be a full-time entrepreneur and not quit to work a 9-5 job.
6. If not yourself, who would you like to be? A couple of years ago I probably would have named of bunch of people. But I don’t want to be anyone but myself. I love the woman I have become and still becoming; I can’t wait to see who I am in another few years or after I have a family.
7. Your idea of happiness. My idea of happiness is genuine laughter with good people. One of the best feelings is being around good people that allow you to be yourself and just laugh.
8. Guiltiest pleasure? Milkshake, burger and fries, and Reality TV.
9. Favorite inspirational quote? "Dream Bigger." It’s such a simple quote but you have no idea how many people dream very small and only dream about what they see. Over the last few years my dreams have gotten so big, I was afraid to say out loud. Now, I am excited about accomplishing new goals.
10. What do you appreciate the most in your friends? They make me laugh and they know when I am lying if I say everything is fine when it is not.
11. Favorite food in Philly? Any place with brunch. We have great brunch restaurants with locally grown food.
12. Favorite drink in Philly? VIP at Del Frisco’s or a Milkshake from Chick-Fil-A.
13. Favorite song right now? "New Flame" by Chris Brown and Usher. Because I have a new flame in my life right now lol.
14. A book you plan on reading? Ladies who Launch, by Amy Swift. I am in the process of launching my first tech start up.
15. A book that powerfully impacted your life? Eat, Pray, Love. How often can someone just drop everything in their life and travel the world to learn about life? I would love to take a trip just learning about different cultures.
16. Name one historical figure you would like to have coffee with. Maya Angelou. I had the honor of interviewing Ms. Angelou on my radio show a couple of months before she passed away. She has so much wisdom, I would have loved to meet her in person to pick her brain about a few things.
17. How do you like your coffee? I try not to drink coffee often, but when I do I add: with caramel, soy milk, and shot of expresso.
18. Your main fault. I work too much; it is hard to turn my mind off. I don’t make enough time for fun experiences.
19. What is your most prized material possession? My mac computer, I just made that big purchase a couple of months ago. Also my handbags, I don’t spend a lot on material things but I will spend a lot on a good handbag.
20. Your biggest failure. Taking a break from running my company to try working a job again because I was scared of not succeeding.
21. What you learned from that failure? Never again will I work a 9-5 job. The day I became an entrepreneur is the day my mindset and future changed. The hardships I have experienced growing my business have been well worth it, because of the goals I have achieved and can’t wait to pass along my company to my future kids.
22. What is your greatest fear? Not experiencing something personal or professional because of past experiences.
23. Where will you be in 30 years? In 30 years I will be a serial entrepreneur traveling around the world helping others grow their business. My husband and I will have businesses together and separate creating a legacy for our family.
24. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday? Brunch with my girls, then lounging at one of our homes to catch up.
25. Best date spot? Amada-small plates tapas restaurant. A great place to feed each other and try new food.
26. What does happiness mean to you? Happiness is a large family, a successful business, and lots of travel. Inspiring others to accomplish dreams they never thought possible and being a role model.
27. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram. It can be hard to write in 140 characters so I rather take a good picture.
28. Describe Philly in a Tweet. Philly is a city that will make you work harder in your industry than any other city.
29. Who should everyone follow on Instagram? @TiffanieKS @Philly360
30. Pats or Genos? Larry’s Steaks
#30Under30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala.