#30Under30PHL - Leah Kauffman
Happy October everyone! To celebrate the first of the month, we have today's #30Under30PHL choice - Leah Kauffman! The raddest of rad girls, this digital content maven has been changing the landscape of lifestyle journalism in Philly for years now. Give it up for Leah everyone!
1. How old are you? 28.
2. What do you do? I’m a journalist, editor, and digital content strategist.
3. What neighborhood in Philly do you call home? N3RD Street!
4. What is your favorite thing right now about Philly? Philadelphia is an exciting place to live and work. I am in constant awe of new creative spaces popping up all over the place!
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement thus far? I have yet to fulfill my greatest achievement. That is what gets me out of bed each morning. Stay tuned.
6. If not yourself, who would you like to be? I wouldn’t want to be anyone but myself.
7. Your idea of happiness. My idea of happiness involves wearing a fabulous outfit on a beautiful day, with a great job. In order to be happy I need to be surrounded by my good friends and family.
8. Guiltiest pleasure? Why should I feel guilty about anything I find pleasurable?
9. Favorite inspirational quote? “There’s only one thing in life, and that’s the continual renewal of inspiration.” – D.V.
10. What do you appreciate the most in your friends? Honesty.
11. Favorite food in Philly? Khyber burger. Extra mayo.
12. Favorite drink in Philly? Anything at Hop Sing.
13. Favorite song right now? “I’m the one” by Roberta Flack.
14. A book you plan on reading? I’m working my way through the new Murakami.
15. A book that powerfully impacted your life? The Night Trilogy.
16. Name one historical figure you would like to have coffee with. Jane Addams.
17. How do you like your coffee? Hot. Black. From Old City Coffee or La Colombe.
18. Your main fault. Depends who you ask. Like all ambitious people, I am a work in progress.
19. What is your most prized material possession? Gibson Hummingbird.
20. Your biggest failure. Perhaps Edison put it best. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
21. What you learned from that failure? I’ve learned to never give up.
22. What is your greatest fear? Boredom.
23. Where will you be in 30 years? I’ll be wherever I want to be in 30 years.
24. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday? Sleep in. Eat pizza. Listen to music.
25. Best date spot? They have pretty delicious dates at The Head Nut at Reading Terminal. I would also recommend their salted cashews.
26. What does happiness mean to you? See question # 7.
27. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram.
28. Describe Philly in a Tweet. (Exactly 140 characters. Bam!)
Philadelphia is the city I call home. Inventive, alive, enchanting. I you. I could do without the Philadelphia Parking Authority though.
29. Who should everyone follow on Instagram? My mom, @sheloveschanel
30. Pats or Genos? Neither. Primo.
#30Under30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala.