#30Under30PHL - Takia McClendon
1. How old are you? 26
2. What do you do? I am the co-founder of City Fit Girls, and my current role is as Operations & Digital Marketing for the business. I'm also the Market Manager at the Food Trust Clark Park Farmers Market.
3. What neighborhood in Philly do you call home? Germantown
4. What is your favorite thing right now about Philly? My favorite thing about Philly is the running community. It's very supportive - there's a running group/club for every level.
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement thus far? My greatest achievement has been traveling to the White House for the first 'Let's Move' Tweet-Up. I was 1/10 or so selected to live tweet Michelle Obama's Garden Harvest and healthy eating tips
6. Your idea of happiness: Freedom to travel
7. Guiltiest pleasure? Philly Steak from Blackbird Pizza
8. Favorite inspirational quote? "Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself" (no idea who said it first)
9. What do you appreciate the most in your friends? Their willingness to extend a helping hand without question.
10. Favorite food in Philly? Grilled Seitan at Vedge Restaurant
11. Favorite drink in Philly? The Old Fashioned at Vedge Restaurant
12. Favorite song right now? XO by Beyonce
13. A book you plan on reading? Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
14. A book that powerfully impacted your life? The Alchemist
15. Name one historical figure you would like to have coffee with. Albert Einstein
16. How do you like your coffee? Sweet with soy creamer
17. Your main fault: Time management
18. What is your most prized material possession? Not big on material possessions. Guess it's my iPad Mini
19. Your biggest failure. Majoring in Political Science
20. What you learned from that failure? Critical thinking skills, how to move forward despite feeling set back
21. What is your greatest fear? Getting hit by a car while running, walking, or biking
22. Where will you be in 30 years? On a permanent vacation...probably hiking somewhere in South America
23. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday? Spend the day at Barnes & Noble at Rittenhouse Square
24. Best date spot? Vedge Restaurant
25. What does happiness mean to you? Same as question 7
26. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram!
27. Describe Philly in a Tweet. Actual tweet from this weekend: "@TakiaMcClendon: To the Chestnut Hill West over achievers who get up at North Philly to get off at 30th St, SIT DOWN."
28. Who should everyone follow on Instagram? Love following Darren @darrenburton_ and Jasmine @thejuiceperspective. Both amazing local photographers. Oh, and City Fit Girls (@cityfitgirls) of course!
29. Pats or Genos? Neither. Blackbird Pizza
30. Favorite aspect about owning a business in Philly? It sounds cliché, but it's the support. People are in favor of others starting a business and rooting for the home team.
#30Under30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala.