A Campaign Against Texting While Driving
Here are some scary statistics:
- "Texting while driving makes a driver 23x more likely to crash."
- "Drivers talking on a cell phone are 4x more likely to have a car accident."
- "Talking on a cell phone while driving can make a young driver's reaction time as slow as that of a 70 year old."
- "Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. That is enough time to travel the length of a football field."
- "According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, texting while driving kills 11 teens each day."
- "It's estimated that at least 23% of all car accidents each year involve cell phone use – that's 1.3 million crashes."
It only takes one wrong text message to potentially end your life or the lives around you while driving. In an effort to raise awareness about texting while driving, the agency behind FIAT decided to make a point by using simple typeface optical illusions to discourage drivers from texting while driving. Their campaign ended up taking first place in print/outdoor advertising at the recent 2014 Automobile Advertising of the Year awards held in Detroit. To view more images from the campaign, click on the image below. And always, be safe and be smart out there while driving femmes!