5 Styling Quick Tips For Your Small Living Space
Not everyone can be blessed with Trump-style homes. For those of us with smaller spaces, there are a few tricks to make your space more stylish, feel larger and look brighter.
1. Make your entrance friendly. This is what you see what you first walk in. Clutter by the door is bad for your Fung Shui. Streamline this space and make it functional with a touch of personality. Try a mirror, a table with a bowl for keys, a tray for your sunnies, and cute rainboots to add style and to act an umbrella holder.
2. Try a skinny coffee table. If space is limited, the right shape coffee table will help elongate the room. It’s all about proportion, so don’t try to overcrowd a space with furniture that’s meant for a bigger room.
3. Touch lamps are everything! Lighting options make your space more versatile. The key is to make you space work for you. The more convenient you make your space (stylishly of course), the more you’ll enjoy it. Apartment life often means one room has many purposes. A touch light works well because there’s various levels of lighting options, it’s perfect when you’re feeling lazy (I have mine next to the couch), and it costs a ton less than a dimmer.
4. No room for a kitchen table? Try a bar top. Last summer I sold my kitchen table and swapped it for a little office area. Then I found a two-seater high table. I have it pushed up against a mirrored wall. It takes up such little space and I still have room for my desk.
5. Too lazy to paint or hang art? For some reason walls feel like a commitment. A throw rug is around $15 at HomeGoods and adds style with no effort. Get a few and swap their spots in your space for a quick change.
What are some of your favorite home decorating tips?