Why Feedly Is A Great Alternative To Google Reader
Some may say the power and usefulness of RSS feeds are dead, but the truth is that it they've gained more popularity recently! With Google Reader closing its services on July 31st, internet fiends went into chaos after hearing the news and began their quest to find a new replacement. Many chose BlogLovin' as their blog reader of choice, but Feedly has become one of the more popular alternatives because of it's great user-friendly application and modern appearance. After reading the Feedly blog, here are 9 ways to personalize your Feedly after you make a quick and easy account! 1. feedly mini Use feedly mini to follow a website while you are visiting it with your browser. 2. Following the we websites you love Search directly in feedly for a specific site’s name or URL and quickly follow it.
3. Searching for new sources Perform a #hashtag search (ex: #design) to get recommendations for sites related to that topic/tag.
4. Browser top sites You can use +Add Website > My Bookmarks to get a set of personalized recommendations based on your browser top sites.
5. You might also like Feedly will continuously suggest new sites to follow based on your existing settings (aka “you might also like”).
6. Layout You can assign different views (magazine, title, mosaic or full article) to the different sources and sections defined in your feedly.
7. Essentials edit Use Essentials > Edit to filter out the set of essentials you are not interested in.
8. Reshaping your feedly Use Organize Contents to perform spring cleaning/restructure your feedly.
9. Dressing up your feedly Change your feedly persona by dressing it up with a theme.